April 09, 2005

Ahhhhhhh

For the past few weeks I've been looking for a project to get me excited. All this stockinette has led to me all but avoiding knitting! Well we can't have that, right?

Branchingoutstart
lace *sigh*

It's Susan's Branching Out from the latest Knitty.

I'm using Artyarns Supermerino in color 110 on a US 7. The colors look pretty true on my monitor. I tried out this yarn before Christmas for a pair of socks for my Mom but I just couldn't get the yarn to look right for socks. They never seemed correctly sized -- either a bit big and droopy or too tight and stretched out -- so I frogged the sock and the yarn has been in my stash ever since.

I modified the pattern slightly. I started out with just 2 rows of garter and I eliminated the garter edge going up the sides. I was hoping the edges would scallop and they are! It's about 6 inches wide. I have 230 yards of the yarn and I'm planning to just knit until I run out.

Lace knitting from the stash on a cool spring day.

Ahhhhhhhhh

April 9, 2005 in Lace Scarves | Permalink | Comments (21)

January 31, 2005

Hanging Vines Scarf

I've been busily knitting on my Philly Knitter's Secret Pal gift for the past week. Secret projects = poor blog content so I've been AWOL. I'm happy to report I finished the gift though.

Hanging Vines Done

I am really happy with the way this turned out! Although the picture would have you think otherwise, all the edges do V out in a nice pattern.

Specs

Pattern - Heartstrings Hanging Vines Scarf with 2 center panel repeats (73 stitches total). I purchased the pattern at Elann.
Yarn - Schaefer Anne, less than 1 hank
Needles - Addi Natura 4.5 mm (US #7)
Finished Measurements - 20"x60". It should really be longer and a bit narrower but that's as long as my blocking board goes. I'm going to have to either get blocking wires or an inexpensive rug runner if I plan to make more of these.
Comments - The yarn was a dream to work with. It didn't split and even behaved well on the K3tog's. Blocking took all of a couple hours. I washed it with Eucalan (the water did get pink but no noticeable color was lost), pinned it on my blocking board and turned on the ceiling fan.

As I mentioned above, I will look into buying blocking wires if I get the lace knitting bug. And since I have 3 more hanks of Anne in my stash I think there's a good chance I'll be making more lace scarves!

January 31, 2005 in Lace Scarves | Permalink | Comments (18)